Monday 8 November 2010

Research a music magazine

In today's lesson (4th November 2010 - Thursday) I investigated a magazine called - "Terrorizer." First of all, I was aimed to find the price of this music magazine and who is the publisher. Due to my research I found out that the cost of this Music magazine was - £3.99 and was also published by Dark Arts Ltd - Miranda Yardley. What's more, this particular music magazine is released every four weeks and with thirteen issues a year. Also, what had caught my eye is the strong eye catching image that has been used within the front cover of this music magazine. This clearly illustrates that this magazine is based on heavy metal music.
Furthermore, down to my research I have figured the number of adverts that appear in this music magazine and their dissimilarities. I have discovered that this magazine has been displaying the albums that are available to buy, although the price has not been shown.
Also, as I have looked more into this particular music magazine, I have noticed the features within it, for example;
Live reviews, use of slang, formal AND informal language, publicised. Also the tone used within this magazine is informal, but also sounds old. This particular magazine would most likely target older individuals. However, the amount of images used would also attract the younger audience, as there is more chances for them to pick up this magazine and read it, as they wouldn't be as much interested in the text displayed. Therefore, from my perspective I believe that comparison images and writing, it both share equal percentage (50% - 50%) the space used within the music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment